Friday, September 10, 2010

Away

Since how long have you been away with your friends and family?

Well, I have not tasted the feeling before, but for short term, yes. At least I know it will be sad if it happens for long term :)

When I was happily surfing the net just nao, my sister practised her piano songs. It reminds me of how long I have been away from practising the piano.

Seriously, about 5 months I have not touched my piano since the piano grade 8 practical exam was completed. Kinda sad case hor?

Reasons why I have not touched the piano YET :D

1. ACCA occupies almost all the time

For ACCA students, you have to just study, study and study but not doing anything else. But, at least you can surf the net, especially FACEBOOK. Facebook and piano, which one is preferred? I usually spend free time on facebook, but not on practising piano. lame excuse?

2. There's no nagging anymore

You will get nagging if you don't practise the piano, isn't it? For most of the parents, they will nag because they pay money for your piano course. Nagging makes you practise reluctantly, which has no meaning of practising. Playing piano requires great patience and interest, which can improve skills of playing piano. Well, for people who has talent, that's a different story :P they have the skills naturally gifted by god.

3. There is no practical exam anymore!

When there is another final practical exam is coming really soon, you practise like mad. Some of you might be thinking since you don't have practical exam in few months time, then why should I practicse? Or, you want to invest more time in your school assignments rather than playing piano.

4. There is no self motivation
For me, the self motivation comes from piano sheets. Since I'm lazy I really need someone to download all the nice new chinese songs score and PRINT for me to practise on. Or I need to ask around for the scores. Another lame excuse?

I remembered how keen I want to learn piano when I was young, at the age of 5 I think? And the feeling of giving up when I reach grade 5. Vividly etched in my mind...

Anyway, I still love playing piano. I love using the latest chinese songs as sight reading, playing it over and over again, enjoying the beautiful melody line while singing silently in the heart. It is a precious asset that my parents gave me and I worked hard for it. Seriously hope the course will be completed smoothly.

playing piano can release stress too, do you agree? :)

No comments: