Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Village Park Nasi Lemak @ Damansara Uptown

I love to try out food/drinks no matter new in the market or has been long established whenever I hear or read about it from people. Being a little adventurous in food hunting can be rewarding or dissapointing sometimes. I usually suggest the places to my mum and mostly she will be my partner cum driver when it comes to food hunt =D

Our destination of most recent food hunt- the famous Village Park Nasi Lemak. Have been reading so many reviews about it and mostly are good comments. Looks like I'm slowpoke food lover =_=

We reached there at about 1 pm and the place is almost packed with people. We were lucky enough to have the last table available. The staffs are pretty attentive in taking orders. But my mum chose to queue up.

Nasi Lemak with Chicken Rendang. The gravy was flavourful packing fragrant spices. A bit oily but overall it has pleasant aftertaste when combined with the succulent chicken drumstick .

Nasi lemak was not lemak enough due to lack of coconut, hence not fragrant enough. It was a dissapointment. The texture of the rice was fluffy though. The taste of sambal was a balance of sweet and savoury taste but it's not the best that we had. Again, it was kinda oily. Price: RM7.70

Now, the famous fried chicken which many people have been discussing about. I find it so-so only (not the best that we had), no doubt the skin was crispy enough and marination was done quite well, the meat was a bit dry for me. It looks like a huge piece of chicken but it lacked of meat. Nasi Lemak with Fried Chicken, RM 7.20

Based on the price, what I can say is what you pay is what you get. I don't mind paying more for Uncle Lim's Nasi Lemak with Fried Chicken (sorry no picture yet) which I think taste much more satisfying than this. Same goes to mum.

But then again, if you happen to be around Damansara Uptown area, no harm trying it ;)


Village Park Restaurant

5, Jalan SS21/37, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel: 03-7710-7860

No comments: